OceanWP is a free theme on WordPress platform. You can download it from wordpress.org’s theme’s repository section. This theme have some cool features which are not available in any other themes.
Recently I was working on site which is using this theme with Elementor page builder. Site have secondary menu bar at header top bar. Client was wanting a toggle search icon at right side of this secondary menu bar. By default this toggle search icon feature is only available with primary menu bar in theme customizer. Therefore I was thinking how I shall implement it to top bar. So I went to theme customizer and saw a good option “Select template” under Top Bar -> Content section.
I quickly drive to this steps. I created an new template with Elementor page builder.
- Navigate to Dashboard
- Click on Theme Panel -> My Library link . If you install the OceanWP Extra add-on, you will get “Theme Panel” menu at Dashboard.
- Click on Add New button
- Creating a custom library with Elementor page builder. Using Elementor because Client purchased the extensions bundle of OceanWP theme & there have an extension “Elementor Widget” . Install this add-on on the site.
- There have inbuilt widget “search”
- Drag&Drop this widget and build the layout.
- Next go to Appearance -> Customize page
- Click on Top Bar panel
- Click on Content section
- Select template from template drop down
- Click on Publish button
Finally it was working like a charm.
Marie Husøy says
This was not really helping. Do not understand what you mean on step 4. Also after I while I figured I had to make the whole top bar over again – with all the text, not only the search widget. But when choosing this template, the text does not show. Only the widget.
Awojobi Adewale says
Thanks for your tutorial. Am having problem on oceanwp header, its only showing the mobile menu on the desktop header and not my complete menu.What can I do. thanks.